If you are creating a web site for your ITGS project client, you will need some web development software. All of the tools below are free and incorporate a WYSIWYG graphical page preview as well as a code view. Editing HTML code is one of the advanced skills which will earn you higher points.
Windows web development software
- Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express 2010 The Express versions of Microsoft’s development applications are free to download and provide all of the required functionality for an ITGS project.
Cross Platform web development software
The following tools have versions for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- Amaya is an open source cross platform web development package
- Blue Griffon is an open source cross platform web development package, updated often.
- I do not recommend using a word processor and using the “Save as HTML” option.
- I do not recommend FrontPage. It is an obsolete program which is not standards-compliant and does not produce efficient code.